Tuesday, March 08, 2011

REAL CANADIAN BLUES

I started using this term a few days ago when I was lamenting on the difficulty of purchasing anime titles in Canada that have been out for a little while. Recently I've been looking to acquire more games for any of my three systems, and I realized that the same sad state applies to games as well.

To go around this, I've been ordering from down south.

I used to have no issues with ordering from RightStuf, but apparently they just recently changed the carrier for Canadian orders. I'm still waiting for my shipment more than three weeks after its dispatch from their warehouse, where it would arrive at the local post office here within two weeks when they used USPS. I'm gonna wait another two days and write to them if I still don't hear anything.

I only just started looking at games so haven't done much so far. I did, however, order three games from Amazon.com and had them shipped to Neko-tan, and I'll just pick them up when I visit down south. Here's another sad fact for us Canadians. On Amazon.ca, older games may not be available (or even there to start with) or still maintain their full (if not more) retail price, but older games usually drop their prices quite a bit on Amazon.com. A little searching around can easily fetch you some games for almost half their Canadian price tags.

As for Japanese version games, I'll need to try my luck at Book Off when I visit Vancouver or LA... So many games I want to get but can't 'cause they're all English-dubbed.

Now, I do admit there's some quality English dubbing out there (White Knight Chronicles, for one), but for someone who understands enough Japanese and is a fan of a lot of Japanese seiyuu, of course I'd go for the original Japanese track whenever possible.

Which means I'm not going to pre-order FF VI Complete Collection and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky for the PSP. :(

Still debating whether to pre-order Okamiden now or wait for it to drop and get it from down south... The pre-order bonus at GameStop is too uncertain; even the store people couldn't tell how many sets they would get for sure.

PS. It's obvious that the term "REAL CANADIAN BLUES" was derived from the song "REAL FOLK BLUES" from Cowboy Bebop, right?

0 comments: