Wednesday, March 23, 2011

やっぱり駄目だった…

Firefox 4 is here! ( ゚ ∀ ゚ )

And I'm currently running Firefox 3.5.17 ( ̄д ̄)

But let me explain myself.

When 3.6 was released last year, I eagerly updated. To my slight dismay, the UI text became more crowded (decreased horizontal spacer?) and less readable to me when I put on Personas skins. So I went back to 3.5.

When 4 was released yesterday, I eagerly updated. To my appalling dismay, the UI text issue still persisted and even escalated: there's now red and cyan tints on the edges of the text both on the UI and shown in webpages.

I happened to have a few ff.net tabs open and it was impossible to read on the dark background setting. It's not too bad for text on a white background (though the font size still looked slight smaller than before to me), but the colour shift(?) was apparent against any coloured background.

I reverted back to 3.5 immediately. It's too painful to try to search for a fix when I could barely make out words without killing my eye sight.

Luckily, the installation process has indeed become a lot more streamlined, and it was easy to switch back.

I might look around for a solution for the text display issue when I feel up to the daunting task. Until then, however, I'm keeping my 3.5.17.

BTW, here's my environment:
Windows 7 with ClearType enabled
Windows classic theme, no Aero

Hopefully there's a fix for this, or enough people with the same issue so we can open one in Bugzilla...

0 comments: