Sunday, January 16, 2011

危なかった

Ever since the proxy experiment last month, I've been (or at least trying to) dutifully checking in on a weekly basis to watch the latest episode of WEED on Niconico.

Today I got a access denied page with the same IP that I had used since last month...?! I remember seeing on Niconico News not long ago about Taiwanese IP's getting blocked (not by Niconico), but I was using a Japanese IP!

My guess was that it might had been a popular proxy IP for Taiwanese internet users and got grouped with the other Taiwanese IP's by whoever blocked it. I don't know. I don't even know if Taiwanese IP's are still getting blocked or not (I assume not).

So I scrambled to switch to a different proxy.

After numerous tries (many were too slow and simply timed out, while a few asked for a user name and password, and one was even determined by Niconico to be a non-Japanese IP), I settled on my current one, which is slower than the previous working one but still acceptable. Hopefully this one lasts...

0 comments: