Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nya ha ha, it only took me almost 10 minutes to realize the slightly protruded round thing under the d-pad on the PSP is the "analogue control" that dictates directions for LittleBigPlanet... orz

I'm too used to the d-pad (which stands for DIRECTIONAL pad) as the directional control, but can you really blame me? Even the PSP diagram in the box labels the d-pad as directional buttons and doesn't say anything about the round thing.

BTW, my friend Google told me that PSP plays all region UMD games, just not all region UMD movies. So this particular unit isn't modded and I'll need to have it done myself, which I'll probably wait until I go back to Vancouver next year. I have enough games on my hand right now to not worry about acquiring Japanese PSP games.

And to go with my very unsophisticated naming convention, my pearl white PSP has been named Lancelot. Of course it's not the knight from King Arther (not to be confused with Arturia Pendragon/Saber), but the 7th generation KMF from Code Geass. It now sports a small Suzaku metal plate, which goes with Guren's (a.k.a. my NDS) Code Geass strap and Lelouch metal plate.

I thought about naming it after a Gundam (especially since the term 白い悪魔 is mentioned when referring to Gundam in the 2nd episode of Gundam UC) and gave it a Gundam 00 strap that goes with Guren Type-02 (a.k.a. my cell phone), but decided not to. PSP should go against NDS, so the opponent for Guren should be Lancelot! XD

Naming aside, I have to say that NDS is more user friendly and intuitive than PSP. I find myself preferring the NDS as a system over the PSP and was lured into getting a PSP only because of the Japanese game lineups (and thus the 2-yr gap between the two purchases). Though, the screen size of the PSP sure is huge compared to my NDS Lite...

0 comments: