Friday, November 19, 2010

Neko-tan always points out that I am a high roller when it comes to ACG, and I do not have anything to say in return. orz

Amazon.ca is typically my preference for R1 anime, but as more series get licensed and released in North America, there's more and more US-only releases. For those no-one-cares-about-Canada releases, I'm forced to order across border and rack up my order in order to reach the steep free shipping threshold to Canada (a bit mouthful to say, but that's just how troublesome the process is).

Right now I'm in another such dilemma. Should I pre-order all 3 parts of Durarara! and add another series to make the threshold now, or should I risk and wait it out to see if it'll be released in a single boxset and find a couple other more series to make the threshold maybe two years down the road?

At the end, however, I think I'll probably put it on hold for now. I'm sure there will be other US-only releases that I can order together at that time to make the threshold.

Or if the timing is right, I can have it shipped to Neko-tan's place and pick up when I go down. XD

PS. I emailed Aniplex the other day to ask if they'll be releasing titles in Canada in the future. Still waiting for a response that might not come...

0 comments: