Thursday, September 23, 2010

Seeing how the big season of fall anime series is almost upon us, I sought out the introduction video on Niconico for a rough estimate on how much bandwidth I might have to put in. Of course, it would help if there's a way for me to know how much bandwidth FF XIV will take up when I make the plunge. I'm probably fine until the winter shows, though, as I'll need to shop for a video card first...

The following is a summary of the series listed in the video and my impression based on the PV. I'm sure I'll most likely end up grabbing more than what I mark here, though. Beware of super long list ahead!

とある魔術の禁書目録II
- Not watching. Didn't watch the 1st season, either. The seiyuu and design for the main male & female don't appeal to me. Will be watching the spin-off series, though.

咎狗の血
- I'll probably watch the 1st episode to see if it's gonna be obvious BL, then drop it if it is. No idea what the original story is like. PVはカッコイのに、残念だ...

百花繚乱 サムライガールズ
- Not watching. Read the 1st volume of the novel and didn't get the urge for more, and the seiyuu cast isn't heavy enough for me to even trial watch.

神のみぞ知るセカイ
- Probably trial watch. No idea what the original work is like, but the PV doesn't seem that bad (*ry1). Seiyuu cast is all right.

俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない
- Probably trial watch. No idea what the original work is like, but the PV (ry1. If I end up watching it, it'll likely because of Nakamura Yuuichi. XD

ヨスガノソラ
- Probably not watching. しかし、まさかのねこかん!これは期待します!

パンティ&ストッキング with ガータベルト
- Not watching. グレンラガンの次はこれかよ?!何を考えているんだ、GAINAX! Orz

スーパーロボット大戦OG ジ・インスペクター
- Watching. Haven't the time to watch the previous SRW OG series, but will be watching it for sure.

それでも町は廻っている
- Probably watching. No idea what the original work is like, but the PV looks interesting (*ry2). The seiyuu cast is somewhat good.

そらのおとしものf
- Watching. Already watched the 1st season and found it within standard (what low standards I have...)

Ironman
- Probably not watching, even though it's done by Mad House and has two seiyuu that I like. Never watched the movies, but I just can't bring myself to like the design of the cyborgs/robots(?).

おとめ妖怪ざくろ
- Watching. No idea what the original work is like, but the PV (ry2. The art looks nice and the seiyuu cast is good.

えむえむっ!
- Not watching. Fukuyama Jun sounds really good in the PV and the female seiyuu cast is not bad, but the story... Orz

STAR DRIVER 輝きのタクト
- Watching. The original story by BONES looks pretty interesting, and the seiyuu cast is really really good. 銀河美少年ってwww

テガミバチ REVERSE
- Watching. Haven't watched the 1st season yet, but will be watching for sure.

もっと To LOVEる -とらぶる-
- Not watching. Never touched the series and not really planning to.

探偵オペラ ミルキィホームズ
- Not watching. I don't do shows starring female kid characters not voiced by seiyuu I like.

荒川アンダーザブリッジ *2
- Watching. 秋アニメの本命だ! I should go finish the 1st season before this air. :D

ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ
- I actually would want to watch this if I have time because of the seiyuu cast. If I do, it probably will be like Naruto or One Piece to me, where I watch a few episodes here and there when I remember.

バトルスピリッツ ブレイヴ
- Not watching. Another one of Sunrise's shows based on a trading card game. Of course I'm not watching it. But what's with the slightly heavy seiyuu cast... orz

薄桜鬼 碧血録
- Watching. This would have been my for the fall season if it weren't for 荒川アンダーザブリッジ *2, and the fact that the anime takes on the Hijikata route, which is my least favourite out of the playable characters (not that I've played the game...) But it's still got Kuwashima Houko! XD

侵略!イカ娘
- Might be watching. No idea what the original story is like, but (ry1). The seiyuu cast is all right.

バクマン
- Watching. No idea what the original story is like, but (ry2). The seiyuu cast is all right.

海月姫 ~くらげひめ~
- Might be watching. No idea what the original story is like, but (ry1). The seiyuu cast is somewhat good.

FORTUNE ARTERIAL 赤い約束
- Probably not watching. OnoD definitely appeals to me, but the female seiyuu cast doesn't. But that's okay, 'cause I can still hear OnoD in...

心霊探偵八雲
- Watching. Kazuma x Ayano OnoD! XD Never read the original novel but read one of the manga versions. Too bad it ended with just 2 volumes. Maybe I should find time to read the novels, too. I'm quite happy that Haruka's seiyuu isn't the same as the drama CD.

夢色パティシエール
- Not watching. Didn't watch the 1st season and likely won't. I'll probably like the food, but most likely not the kids.

ヘタリア4期
- Not watching. Never watched/read the series. I might in the future, but it's pretty low priority despite the heavy seiyuu cast due to the lack of story.

Summary (total 28)
- Watching for sure: 9
- Not watching for sure: 9
- Undecided: 10

I think there's a few other shows for the fall season not included in the video. Regardless, it seems like it'll be another heavy season. The 2nd chapter of Gundam UC also comes out during the season. FF XIV will definitely need to wait until after fall...

0 comments: