Monday, February 22, 2010

機動戦士ガンダムUC episode1 ユニコーンの日

I managed to get a re-scaled 480p version last night (my monitor is 1280*1024 so the 1440*810 wouldn't look too ideal on my screen; yes, I will be grabbing the BD-rip when it's released, because PS3 won't happen until Christmas and therefore I won't be able to play the BD version I'll be getting) and decided to forget about the 2nd New Year's resolution when the first battle broke out some five minutes into the episode.

I'd post something right after the viewing, but it was getting late (or early, depending on which day), so I just dropped a quick message to Neko-tan to vent my excitement, even though Neko-tan's not into Gundam. XD

Here's a direct quote of what I threw at Neko-tan, with the translation in parentheses:
Gundam UC 好棒! XD
澤野的音樂超級棒! XD
內山昂輝果然不負期望, 藤村步的表現也比預想地好! XD
趕快給我在加拿大賣BD版啊~~~
(Gundam UC rocks! XD)
(Sawano's music super rocks! XD)
(Uchiyama Kouki is great as expected, and Fujimura Ayumi's performance is better than expected! XD)
(Just hurry up and release the Blu-ray version in Canada~~~)

To add to the above but not giving away the plot, it's so nostalgic to be able to see the green HARO again in its full cuteness. Banagher (I don't think I'll ever get used to the inventive spelling...) seemed to have done some customization of his own, too.

I felt a tinge of sadness when I heard Bright Noa's name. Judging from his involvement, it is possible to not have him on the front at all so maybe they'll just use previously recorded voice gallery or not have him audible. His name isn't part of the main cast on the official website, so I'm leaning toward the latter for now. RIP, Bright-!

It's a nice touch to show the movie sign board of Runaway Princess (aka Roman Holiday in the UC timeline XD) over the theatre on their way to the mansion. I'm guessing the Fourth Tragedy sign board signifies the four wars fought before: One Year War, Gryps Conflict, 1st Neo-Zeon Conflict and 2nd Neo-Zeon Conflict. This one would be the fifth.

Merchandise-wise, I ordered the original novels and they should be here soon. The BD I'll be able to get no problem; it's just a matter of time. The Gunpla model kit, on the other hand, might be trickier. Seeing that it's released in November of 2009, hopefully some of the stores in Vancouver would have imported the models in participation of the OVA so I can get it while there. If not, they're totally missing out (and so am I...) Which model? Gundam Unicorn NT-D mode, of course! The unicorn mode model (thankfully not in the OVA) kinda looks like Tallgeese to me. orz

March 12 just can't arrive any sooner...

0 comments: