Saturday, January 23, 2010

Soramimi Project #12: Akimoto Yousuke 秋元羊介

First heard: Ino (Like the Clouds, Like the Wind)

First noticed: Master Asia/Stalker (G Gundam)

Memorable characters: Master Asia/Stalker (G Gundam), Taisa (Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de)

Image character: Master Asia/Stalker (G Gundam)

Discernment rate: average

Number of works seen: 24

Out of the vast Gundam universe, G Gundam is probably one of the most unique series in many aspects. Out of the large cast of G Gundam, Master Asia is probably one of the most impressive characters. And Stalker's catch phrase is probably one of the most parodied AU Gundam lines. As a result, Akimoto Yousuke = Master Asia/Stalker in my mind. XD

He tends to play a small role for a lot of works beside G Gundam, so I actually don't have that many memorable characters for him. Even Taisa from KimiAru is essentially a parody of Master Asia (Gotta love the master-disciple interaction in the anime XD).

I'm pretty decent with recognizing him after G Gundam even if he only appears in that single episode, even if he's just a nameless Taforashia citizen in Slayers Evolution-R with one or two lines. But I put down average as my discernment rate for him because I didn't notice him in Seiken no Blacksmith in the beginning...

One interesting thing to note here is the first work I heard him in, Like the Clouds, Like the Wind. I actually watched that on VHS that I borrowed from a friend. The first half of the story is pretty typical (but might be unique back in the days?), but the second half and the ending is somewhat dramatic even by current standard. If my memory serves me right, that is.

I'm looking forward to more great performances from Akimoto-san. それでは!ガンダムファイト! レディ、ゴー!

0 comments: