Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's been a while since I visited Niconico due to time constraint *cough* so I was pleasantly surprised to see some new features (ooh, it's now at Version 9! I haven't been back since Natsu, except for one or two videos during Aki). I haven't the leisure to explore them all, so I'll just mention what I've briefly played with.

Now at the end of each video, it asks if you want to mylist-for-now the video, and you can choose to put in a comment at the same time. (There's now a Mylist-for-now section in the user's Mypage, which will allow up to 100 mylist-for-now videos and start deleting from the oldest if you exceeds the 100. The video can be retained by moving it to the actual Mylist.)

After clicking on the yes or no button for mylist-for-now, a panel appears (all this happens within the video frame with an X on the top right corner to close if you don't want to see it) to offer options such as to replay the video, to see other videos from the uploader, to blog about the video, to promote the video, to read or write about the video in the Niconico encyclopedia, to see other people's comment for their mylist of the video, to mylist the video, or to post the video to a community you belong to.

I'm using the feature to blog about the video here, of course. Blogger, unfortunately, is not in the list of supported platforms, but they do provide the scripts for manual addition as iframe or plain text links, so it's just a matter of copy & paste.

For demonstration purpose, I'm using a video I clicked from the Niconico flowing news header section:





Voilà! Niconico video at a glance! (I know people's been doing this for the longest time, but I never attempted it...)

BTW, if you have a Niconico account, I highly recommend this very hilarious video! The comments are quite funny, especially the ones that said, "There is no answer. This is just a body." or "There is no answer. This is just a shiba dog." The MUD lingo made me laugh so hard. The comment suggesting it being the latest type of robot was good, too. XD

I don't see myself doing this too often (otherwise, I'd write about almost every video I watch on there), but it's good to keep up with the technology. (wrong usage!)

0 comments: