Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Häagen-Dazs! This legendary premium ice cream product line has been on my radar for over ten years, but I never got a taste of it. Until now.

Friend-I mentioned that there's now a green tea flavour of Häagen-Dazs, and I remembered seeing a special for the brand in the flyer. So I decided to indulge myself and jumped in... Green tea & honey vanilla is the best ice cream I've ever had! XD

Too bad the store doesn't carry the strawberry flavour that I used to see lauded on Haniwa-san's diary. I wanted to try a different flavour to see how it compares to other brands, but most of them were chocolate types (chocolate, chocolate chip, chocolate cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter) and few plain flavours. What's with all the chocolates?! I like my chocolate in chocolate form, not ice cream...

I just did a quick browse of the flavours on the official Häagen-Dazs website. They list Green Tea, but no Green tea & honey vanilla... I want to try the green tea one! Why doesn't the store carry it. T__T



On a completely different topic, I finished the first Mobile Suit Gundam movie and started on the Zeta Gundam DVDs! :)

Apparently the First Gundam movies (three in total) I have are the special editions that were re-voiced when they released it in 2000. The footage was original without any tweaking or re-mastering, but the audio was upgraded to 5.1 surround so the sound effects sounded very modern.

It was interesting watching the first movie right after finishing the First Gundam series due to the 20-year gap for the seiyuu. The change in voice was, of course, more evident in female seiyuu than in male seiyuu. In the First, most of the seiyuu sounded green in the beginning and grew to be more mature and assured as the series progressed. In the movie, everyone sounded mature to start. Amuro occasionally resembled Seiya, and Kycilia could easily move on to be Talia as-is. I doubted myself for a split second when I heard Fukuyama Jun as one of the White Base operators, but some digging around ja.wikipedia proved that I wasn't losing it. His name is not listed under the character, whose name I've finally learned to be Marker Clan, but the role is listed on his wikipedia page. I think he might be the youngest seiyuu in the cast for the special edition. Btw, I heard Casios from Saint Seiya when the new Gihren Zabi spoke. XD

Oh, remember the little complaint I had against Athrun regarding Haro making? I did a little bit of reading on ja.wikipedia (seriously, I think I spend way more time on there than I do on Niconico or Google) and found that Amuro did not make Haro. It's actually an off-the-shelf toy for kids. Amuro, however, made some major modifications on Haro, which turned Haro into the cutest thing. I'll give Athrun credit for making Haro from scratch and adding in the lock picking function (beats me why he would do that) and the Kansai dialect, but the mini-Haros are no match to Amuro's Haro in terms of cuteness!

From what Bright told Camille in Zeta, the new commercial model of Haro, probably manufactured after the One Year War ended, had the names of Amuro and Bright programmed in. The new Haro, however, sounds flat and is still not as cute as Amuro's Haro.

Speaking of Zeta Gundam, I haven't quite found any outstanding characters that didn't appear in First, except for Emma and Lila (wait, she's dead...) Still can't bring myself to like Camille yet. Hopefully he grows into a decent character before meeting Four, otherwise I would feel sorry for Four. Heard that she's a great woman, even if the love between the two of them is not meant to be.

The Quest:
機動戦士ガンダム *A
機動戦士ガンダムI *N/A
機動戦士ガンダムII 哀・戦士編
機動戦士ガンダムIII めぐりあい宇宙編
機動戦士Ζガンダム
機動戦士Ζガンダム 星を継ぐ者
機動戦士ΖガンダムII 恋人たち
機動戦士ΖガンダムIII 星の鼓動は愛
機動戦士ガンダムΖΖ
機動戦士ガンダム 逆襲のシャア *B+
機動戦士ガンダム0080 ポケットの中の戦争 *B~B+
機動戦士ガンダム0083 STARDUST MEMORY
機動戦士ガンダム0083 ジオンの残光
機動戦士ガンダムF91
機動戦士Vガンダム
機動戦士ガンダム 第08MS小隊 *A
機動戦士ガンダム 第08MS小隊 ミラーズ・リポート
機動戦士ガンダム MS IGLOO -1年戦争秘録-
機動戦士ガンダム MS IGLOO -黙示録0079-
機動戦士ガンダム MS IGLOO2 重力戦線
機動武闘伝Gガンダム *B~B+
新機動戦記ガンダムW *N/A
新機動戦記ガンダムW Endless Waltz *N/A
機動新世紀ガンダムX *B-
∀ガンダム
機動戦士ガンダムSEED *A-~A
機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY *B-
機動戦士ガンダムSEED C.E.73 STARGAZER *B~B+
機動戦士ガンダム00
機動戦士ガンダム00 S2

0 comments: