Saturday, September 12, 2009

For some reason, I couldn't get myself to watch Gundam during the week (lack of concentration?) so my Gundam marathon was halted after the Labour Day long weekend. I did manage to squeeze in a couple episodes of Gundam X during the week to somewhat make up the lost time, so The Quest is still within reach for now.

While I was watching Gundam X, it suddenly hit me how many of the seiyuu from the Sengoku BASARA anime have piloted a Gundam. A quick trip to the Wikipedia led me to compile a brief list of the Gundam pilots from Sengoku BASARA.

中井和哉 (伊達政宗) - X
保志総一朗 (真田幸村) - SEED, SEED DESTINY
森川智之 (片倉小十郎) - (V), (W), X, (0083)
玄田哲章 (武田信玄) - (1st), (ZZ), (G), 08th MS, (0083)
子安武人 (猿飛佐助) - (V), (G), W, SEED, SEED DESTINY, (0083), (F91), (∀)
朴璐美 (上杉謙信) - ∀, (SEED Special Edition), (00)
森田成一 (前田慶次) - SEED DESTINY
大川透 (徳川家康) - (SEED), (Z Movie I-III)
石野竜三 (長曾我部元親) - (V), W
中原茂 (毛利元就) - W
辻谷耕史 (浅井長政) - (0080), F91
藤原啓治 (松永久秀) - (V), (G), (W), (X), (08th MS), (00)
速水奨 (明智光秀) - (SEED ASTRAY), (08th MS)
若本規夫 (織田信長) - (1st Movie I), (F91)

(Parenthesis denotes series where the seiyuu plays a character but does not pilot a Gundam. No, Zaku and MA are not Gundam.)

I think the next closest show (Gundam series don't count) in terms of how many of the seiyuu pilots a Gundam would be Samurai Deeper Kyo? Or maybe Saiunkoku Monogatari? It might be interesting to do a quick comparison sometime. XD

0 comments: