Saturday, August 01, 2009

1st post from Ottawa!

My stuff is still on the way (hopefully arriving soon) so this is a special post from Haineko, Mum's laptop. Yeah, she doesn't know about the name. It's only between me and my brother. But even bro sometimes calls it Little Grey 'cause Haineko is too hard for him to remember. For those in the know, this Haineko is the Haineko from Bleach. This laptop has a grey top, hence Haineko. XD

Now back to my life in Ottawa so far... Let's start with the flight here. After a really close call at the airport through the check-in and security check, I boarded the plane just as they started the boarding process (they were actually a bit late). Nothing of interest to note for the flight itself except for the in-flight movie.

On my last trip here, I only watched a few miscellaneous shows about technology and nature and had the Celtic Women on as BGM while I read. On the way back, I read through the whole flight.

This time, I did a quick browse through the movies just in case, but I wasn't really planning to see any. I'm generally not that into movies unless it's of certain genres. After finishing the last 20 or so pages of the first book of Saiunkoku Monogatari, I didn't want to start on the second book immediately and decided to give the movies a try.

First I tried Duplicity since the description seemed somewhat interesting. Cut it when the two protagonists meet in Rome. Then I tried 17 Again... and noticed the Japanese option.

Yup, I went with the Japanese audio track just for the sake of it, and I actually enjoyed it immensely. The movie itself was pretty good, but I think the seiyuu played a big role in this case as well. XD

Out of the whole cast, I recognized both Mikes (Morita Masakazu, Inoue Kazuhiko), Ned (Takagi Wataru), and the principal (Katsuki Masako). It made the whole movie experience that much more fun. XD

But it's not that fun after we got off the plane, as I kinda screwed up, what with all the preparation and stuff before hand, and forgot to book a rental car. Luckily, the hotel I booked is across the street from a big shopping centre and a major transit station so we've managed to get some things done during these past two days. Mum managed to get a hold of a rental car for tomorrow morning, so things should get a little better.

So as one can imagine, we've been eating mostly in the food court in the mall, which isn't exactly what I would call quality food. That should also change once we get that rental car tomorrow.

The apartment unit is a little smaller than what I remembered (we only had at best 5 minutes of viewing on that last day during the previous trip) and a lot smaller than what Mum remembered. It should still hold all the stuff I'm bringing over, though it'll sure be a bit cramped. Meh. It'll work out somehow.

All that's left is for my stuff to arrive and get moved into the unit, and the actual start of my new job. That, and I'm still looking for a church.

Last but not least, I finally got my very first cell phone! It's the same model as bro's, except that his is black and mine's red/black. Just like Guren, my NDS! XD
I named it Guren Type-02(紅蓮弐式), in the same line as Guren. Yeah, yeah, I know Guren is technically Guren Type-02, but Type-02/F1A(紅蓮可翔式) is a bit difficult to say. Let's just let this slide. XD

That's it for now. A pretty lengthy post about nothing really, if I do say so myself... I don't really have the strength and energy to review what I just typed. Let's pretend I'm still having that 3-hr jet lag. XD

0 comments: