Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I happened to be in the vicinity of Book Off yesterday and, given the rare chance, happily stepped in. And I walked out an hour later with a bag full of CDs and one art book by Toriyama Akira.

Here's a list of the CDs I got:
- Atari Kousuke: Yurai Hana
- Atari Kousuke: Tane o Maku Hibi
- Itou Yuna: HEART
- Itou Yuna: wish
- Shimatani Hitomi: Shinku/Ai no Uta
- SunSet Swish: Mosaic Kakera (the cover song was also what made me a fan of the group)
- Heroic Age ED Single: Azurite
- Polyphonica ED Single: Concordia (I've never seen the anime, but I like Shimotsuki Haruka)
- Mononoke Hime OST

The trip to Downtown was kind of unexpected so I didn't have a chance to do some research on the various DS games I saw at Book Off last time. Hopefully those games will still be there when I go there next time. It'd be even better if there's another 20% off sales... Then I'd buy all three games that I've set my eyes on! XD

During my search for the skytrain station (well, I got lost), I saw EB Games and decided to check it out. The first thing that caught my eyes was Final Fantasy IV, as the title has disappeared from store shelves everywhere else in the last few weeks. I was about to ask the store clerk for a copy when I noticed the words "voice over" on the back. If the game has Japanese voice over, I don't want one with English. Granted, I haven't seen the Japanese version laying around anywhere, but I'm not really in that much of a hurry. The three RPGs (and DQ IV when the price drops a bit) will keep me occupied long enough.

The other game that got my attention was YS I/II. I've never played the YS series and have only seen the OVA. The series is very well known among RPG fans in Japan and is considered as one of the classics, but I'm not sure about the game mechanics and plot...

The FF IV incident prompted me to do a quick search on The World Ends With You when I got home. Yeah, I finally managed to find a copy at Best Buy just last week. I don't know why it's taking them so long to get in a game that's been released for almost a year... Anyway, I found out that this game has voice as well so I guess I'm returning it. All that search for nothing. -__-

Now to find a store that sells Japanese video games in the Lower Mainland...

0 comments: