Tuesday, June 03, 2008

What a game! I wasn't that terribly interested in the series at first because Detroit seemed to have no trouble at all killing the Penguins with two straight shut-outs, so I merely followed the series' progress and didn't actually watch any game on TV.

I got home tonight just as 1st OT started. Apparently, the Penguins tied the game with less than a minute left, giving a whole arena full of crowds and my brother a disappointing big surprise. I sat down to watch it with my bro... until the game ended in the 3rd OT with the Penguins taking the series back to Pittsburgh.

My brother wasn't very thrilled, of course, being a huge Red Wings fan, but he was too tired to say anything and just felt relieved it was over. He didn't remember it, but I reminded him that Canucks had a longer game last year that went into the 4th OT. That was long.

Props to Fleury for making 55 saves tonight! Without him, as my brother commented, the Penguins would have lost 50 times already. I look forward to the next game.

0 comments: