Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Continuing from a previous post, here's more first impression on some of April's new series.

狂乱家族日記 (Kyouran Kazoku Nikki) ep.1
I wasn't too sure what this is about, but I decided to check it out anyway. The lead female isn't very likeable and reminds me of the bossy side of Suzumiya Haruhi, but I'm guessing it'll change later, perhaps even related to something dark and painful from her past? The children seem normal enough to me, and I'm all for the non-human ones, i.e., the lion, the robot, and the pink jellyfish. XD The scene where Ooka was scolding the robot that a child shouldn't attack his parent, I was more bothered by the fact that he was pointing a gun at his child. Sure enough, he was later scolded by Kyouka for that very reason. The cast is a bit on the younger side, so I'm not keen on seeing any kind of romantic elements. The art style is bright and colourful, fitting for a comical series. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Vampire Knight ep.1
I've read some of the manga and heard the LaLa subscriber service drama CD before, so I'm somewhat familiar with this series. I'm glad they're using most of the seiyuu cast from the drama CD, which is on the heavy side, but why is Koyasu Takehito absent again? Same in Zombie-Loan... :( The actual animation is better than the preview image on the website, and it didn't inherit the awkward human skeletal frame from the manga, so that's good. The manga is still on-going so I'm not sure up to which volume the anime will be. I'll be watching this.

Chi's Sweet Home
Technically, this isn't a full-size series, as it only runs about 5 minutes everyday like Damekko Doubutsu from before. I'm a sucker for animals, and cute kitten is right in my alley. Nothing much to say about this, except that I highly recommend it.

Fireball ep.1-3
Another mini-series that runs for about one and a half minute per episode. This one was recommended to me by Neko-tan, and I instantly fell in love with it. The 3D modelling and motion are excellent, and the script is full of and hilarious. It's really hard to imagine Disney has a part in this. I can't count how many times I've rewatched each episode. It's that good. You'll regret it if you miss this. I mean it.

Special A ep.1-2
I've read the manga before and found it interesting enough, so I sort of decided to watch it when the news of the anime came out. I haven't seen much of Goto Yuko outside of Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, so it's refreshing to see her as a bright and energetic girl full of fighting spirit. Not a big fan of her singing, though, so I'll pass on that OP... The ED is fine, but nothing special. Fukuyama Jun sure can act, but same thing, I have yet to hear a good song from him. The show seems entertaining, to say the least. I'll be watching this.

More on the April new series later.

0 comments: