Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Keyboard mission complete! XD

I accidentally spilled some milk (read: half cup) on the keyboard a few days ago and the "a" key stopped responding right away. Devastated, I hung the keyboard dry on the floor and used the back-up keyboard I got last year (what foresight...). Since it's hard to say if the "a" key will work again or not, I decided to clean the whole thing, which I've been meaning to do for a long time now.

As expected, the inside of the keyboard was a sight to behold, in a bad way. There wasn't enough scrap to fill a plate, but I almost had second thought and considered chucking it instead. Though, fortunately, it wasn't as bad as it looked, and I was able to restore it to a presentable state in less than ten minutes.

The fun part of the thing was, of course, taking the keys out and putting them back in. I had a bit of trouble popping the keys back because I forgot to take a picture of it before, but I figured it out at the end with some lucky guesses. Why didn't I just look at the other keyboards in the house, you ask? For some reason, all the keyboards have different symbols for their symbol keys (each of the symbol key has four symbols for this keyboard), and that's where I had the problem.

Anyhow, I'm glad that the keyboard is back now. Not that there was anything wrong with the back-up keyboard, but I like the key layout and the feel better on this one. For someone who has the tendency to just type away when given the chance, a good and comfortable keyboard is essential. This explains why it took me much trying out to get a keyboard but only seconds to choose a mouse...

Ah, my cute little clean keyboard. We have much to catch up. And I'll remember not to bring any open beverage too close to you again... Try to, anyway. XD

0 comments: