Friday, August 26, 2005

I knew I should had went and picked up the DVD on Sunday after getting the camera... It's already bought by someone else (along with a few other titles, including Juuni Kokuki, I noticed) when I dropped by today. The mission of acquiring Full Metal Panic vol.5 was a failure. -__-

Since I couldn't get what I went for, I took a quick peek at the digital cameras to see their prices. After hearing my interest in the Kodak 7330, the young sales immediately suggested not to get a Kodak and that they break easily. I admit the particular model in question is somewhat cheap and probably does break easily, but you can't just deny the whole product line from the company because of this. Then he went on to say that HP cameras are garbage. Excuse me? It is true that some of their basic models are on the low side of the spectrum, but they also have some of the best models out there. The guy kept recommending Olympus and Fuji, which happen to rank rather low on my list. Anyhow, I didn't say much to him and thought of the incident as an amusing encounter. Maybe I'll share it with the guys at work someday. XP

On a side note, finally made the decision and got a Langley library card. The branch I went to is in the same building as the city hall(?). It's quite small and doesn't have much in terms of collection, especially in the foreign language section, but the language section isn't bad. I borrowed three books, including one that I've wanted to read for a long time, The Song of Dodo. I hope I'll have time to finish reading it.

0 comments: