Wednesday, August 03, 2005

First off, I'm so far behind in episodes (only up to ep.31 now) I have no idea where things are at with Gundam SEED DESTINY (well, not entirely true, since I do read NewType and the such...), but I've been expecting See-Saw's「君は僕に似ている」very highly as the last ED of the series ever since the day it was announced. I was not disappointed one little bit.

The song is indeed fitting to conclude the last cours of the epic. I got goose bumps just from hearing the prelude and the first two lines. The only complaint I have is the consecutive beats in the background now and then, which sounds a bit too much like Mai-HiME to me and somewhat less befitting SEED DESTINY.「静寂はヘッドフォンの中」is also very good and, in a sense, portrays the image of Gundam SEED/DESTINY better. It gives a similar impression as「あんなに一緒だったのに」and 「meteor」, which says a lot about the song itself.

0 comments: