Sunday, August 29, 2004

カウボーイビバップ完食(第二次)。

"The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called Cowboy Bebop."

And it is indeed a new genre in itself, what with its unique blend of beautiful art style and choreography, jazzy music from Kanno Yoko, and subtle yet significant amount of philosophy. The seiyuu cast isn't bad, either.

I have to admit, though, that I'm not that much impressed nor captivated by the story. The whole show oozes a feeling of melancholy and foreshadows the poignant ending, and I am not one to be charmed by angst. In addition, I find the lack of interaction between the main cast unappealing. They live on the same ship, yet they pretty much mind their own business except the occasional teasing and scolding.

I guess A- for presentation and B- for content, so overall: B~B+

0 comments: