Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Great. Now the mouse is going, too? -_______-

Since yesterday morning, the mouse would suddenly freeze for about 2 seconds then come back with 2 beeps. I thought everything would be all right after a reboot, so I continued to work on my paper without giving it more thought. Until it completely froze, that was. At first, I was afraid that the system had crashed (student's number one natural enemy when typing a paper), but I was able to use the keyboard for anything. Well, whatever I could manage with the keyboard thanks to taking the time to memorise some shortcuts. I concluded that the mouse must be the culprit and unplugged-replugged it. Nothing. Because of the reference paragraphs, I didn't want to reboot before I finish, so I worked on without the mouse.

This morning when I woke up and logged in, the problem returned. Finally decide to check the sound setting to see which error beep was it. Sure enough, while I was playing the "device connected" and "device not connected", the mouse was kind enough to repeat its act to confirm my suspicion.

ちぇっ、しようがないなあ。もう一度 Peter に話しましょう。もっとあなたにめいわくをかける、すまんなあ。m(__)m

0 comments: