Friday, June 11, 2004

Things aren't looking up right now. New Type is still in need of some good spanking (or, rather, Windows needs it) after two hours of sweat and frustration. Since it seemed like the same problem as before, I went ahead to try to resolve the problem with the same method... Only to find that the situation is a lot worse than I anticipated.

Stupid me should had try fixing it with the files I left in the tmp folder when I performed the trick last time in October. Did I think of it? Yes, after I overwrote the files with the ones from repair. *kick self in the head* Anyhow, it's just a few more steps for me. Well, little did I know. All Hell broke loose when I got into Windows with the repair setting.

Why is there an error message with one minute countdown to shut down??!!(ノ`Д´)ノ~~┴───┴

I am positive the computer isn't infected with the stupid worm when I restarted it. Though, it did happen once before, but I thought I fixed it 'cause that was the only time it ever occurred. Is it really the worm?? Anyway, once the error window pops up, I'm not able to copy the files from the RP folder, and I'll have to sit through another restart for another chance. It's definitely a race against time.

Surely there were a few times when I succeeded? Of course. The first three times. Did the annoying countdown window pop up afterwards? I don't know. The truth is, I couldn't get into Windows because it told me the evaluation period ended. _| ̄|O

Yes, this happened before as well. I was able to go back to a point where it didn't ask me to activate it. But with the countdown coming out so fast every time, I haven't beaten it yet. And I don't even know if it'll still be there after the restoration... -__-

I am so going to format and reinstall everything!! =___=###

Provided I can get in and get my stuff out first, that is. Keh, I will definitely come out victorious. Just you wait!

0 comments: