Sunday, April 13, 2003

Ok, now this is getting stupid and pathetic. -__-

A few days before (April 9th) the lsass.exe system error thing popped up. The situation was resolved the next day (April 10th) using the restoration point from April 8th.

Tonight when I returned home from Langley, my brother informed me of another occurance of the lsass.exe system error. With the memory still very fresh in my mind, I set out to solve the problem with the same method as before, except that I actually went through a system restore after logging into windows. To be on the safer side, I chose to go back to April 7th.

When I tried to run Mozilla, the splash screen was the only thing that did work. Figured it must be messed up registry problem, I removed Mozilla 1.2.1 from the control panel and deleted the Mozilla folder manually. Then I ran RegSeeker to clean all the Mozilla registries before doing a clean install of it. Then Zone Alarm asked for my attention with an important update. I downloaded the update and installed it. It required to restart windows in order to complete the installation; I complied.

Guess what I saw after the restart? The lsass.exe system error box. Perhaps it wasn't a wise move to copy the registry from April 8th and run the system restore with April 7th's RP. Right now, I'm sticking with just the April 8th registry fix like the first time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to never see the annoying error box again, ever.

.....I'm going to restart windows after I'm done tonight. I better not see those hateful words again.

Side note: Due to a ridiculous highway traffic jam, I decided not to take the road that would lead me to doom. After checking the unmapped region on the slightly outdated map book, I took a local route. To my delight, it's very empty and surprisingly nice to drive on. It took me less than 20 minutes to get home, and I didn't get lost despite the fact I've never went that way. :)

0 comments: